On this live seminar you’ll learn:
- How to qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses which can average $14,000 monthly.
- The advantages and disadvantages of both wills and trusts.
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- All about probate and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time-consuming legal process.
- If you will owe estate taxes and how to help your heirs minimize or even avoid “death” taxes after your passing.
- Easy strategies to protect your children’s inheritance from being seized if they get divorced, sued or file bankruptcy in the future.
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried (without a plan, your family’s inheritance will legally go to the new husband or wife!).
- How parents (and grandparents!) of children with special needs can plan for a lifetime of care without jeopardizing eligibility for important benefits like Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Attorneys Sara Ovando and Chumahan Bowen
Sara and Chumahan are dedicated to helping families avoid probate, minimize Federal and State taxes, and provide for those with special needs. They understand that although most clients share many of the same concerns—such as tax planning, health care cost in the event of illness, and wealth preservation— they are committed to crafting the best possible, customized estate plan for every client.